Read the Bills Act Coalition

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Message from Roxann Robinson to the Voters of the 27th District

Dear Neighbor,

As you may know, Delegate Sam Nixon has accepted an appointment to become the Chief Information Officer in Governor McDonnell's administration and is leaving the General Assembly. Sam has served as a reliable conservative voice and leader in the Virginia legislature. I am thankful to Delegate Nixon for his many years of service to our community and wish him the best of luck in his new position in Governor McDonnell's administration.

After Delegate Nixon's resignation, I spoke with many leaders in our community about my pursuing his vacant seat. I was humbled by the overwhelming support encouraging me to run. After much consideration and counsel from my family and friends, I have decided to seek the Republican nomination for the House of Delegates.

I am a self-employed optometrist. Chesterfield has been home to me for 25 years. I have seen our community flourish during those years and have enjoyed the exceptional quality of life we experience in Chesterfield County. I understand the challenges we are currently facing and I will work diligently to preserve our quality of life.

As a small business owner, I understand the challenges facing businesses - making payroll every two weeks and sticking to a budget, especially in these difficult economic times. I also understand how government red tape, regulations, and taxes are obstacles to business creation and expansion. I believe that creating new jobs and re-invigorating our workforce must be a top priority for the General Assembly.

Like you, I have grown frustrated with the out-of-control spending and mounting deficit in Washington. I was disappointed in the politicians who ignored our voices and passed healthcare reform. I am tired of feeling that our conservative voices are falling on deaf ears.

We need honest and decent people to stand up and work to change our government at every level for the better. We cannot stand by idly any longer and allow politicians to advance their own self-interests at our expense. It was for these reasons that I decided to run for the vacated seat in the 27th House District and be your voice and representative.

I pledge to support balanced budgets through reduced spending, fight for lower taxes, defend the Second Amendment, protect innocent life, and ensure our personal freedoms. I understand we do not face budget deficits because taxes are too low. We face budget deficits because government spending is too high.

As an optometrist, I take great joy in helping my patients improve their vision; however, I have seen firsthand the problems with our healthcare system. The endless bureaucratic red tape only gets in the way of a patient and his or her doctor. These problems will only grow worse because of the President's healthcare reform. To improve our healthcare system, we need free market reforms, not more government regulations. Decisions on healthcare should be between a patient and doctor - not the patient and a government bureaucrat. I will support Governor McDonnell and Attorney General Cuccinelli's efforts to fight national healthcare legislation.

If you share my vision for Chesterfield County, our Commonwealth and our Nation, I ask for your vote in the Republican Party Canvass on May 10, 2010. Please visit my website at www.roxannrobinson.com to find details on where to vote.

Thank you for your time. I hope I can count on your support on May 10th.

Sincerely,

Roxann L. Robinson, O.D., P.C.