Read the Bills Act Coalition

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

REVIEW: ;Avatar Proves James Cameron’s a Secret Conservative

From Big Hollywood/Breir Bart:

So I saw Avatar. I dug the CGI and thought the 3D was cool. As always, James Cameron delivers with the action sequences. Sam Worthington is really likable. Sigourney Weaver is good as always. Michelle Rodriguez kicks ass, which is pretty much what she does....As I left the theater however, I found myself quite disappointed. Not because my conservative “propaganda sensor” was going into overdrive. No, I pretty much knew what to expect based on Cameron’s resume and the synopsis of the film I read eight or ten years ago. I was disappointed because the film, with it’s cheesy, hippie message left me feeling empty and unaffected. I thought about all the films I’ve seen, films that cost a fraction of Avatar’s budget, that were so much more effective emotionally. Even if I didn’t agree with the political message.


Read Here:REVIEW: ‘Avatar’ Proves James Cameron’s a Secret Conservative

No comments: