Obama to Troops: don't fire first!
According to U.S. Army and Marine sources on the ground in Afghanistan, American troops have been placed under a strict Rules of Engagement policy which many believe will cause the death of more U.S. servicemen. These new Rules of Engagement have been approved by President Barack Obama after the insistance of Afghan President Hamid Karzai. The rules include:
• No night or surprise searches (takes away our night vision technology advantage)
• Villagers are to be warned prior to searches (where the insurgents live and sleep)
• Afghan National Army, or ANA, or Afghan National Police, or ANP, must accompany U.S. units on searches (they often don't show up)
• U.S. soldiers may not fire at insurgents unless they are preparing to fire first (might that be too late?)
• U.S. forces cannot engage insurgents if civilians are present (insurgents shoot from amidst civilians -- a favorite tactic)
• Only women can search women (way to put more female GIs in harms way)
• Troops can fire on insurgents if they catch them placing an IED but not if insurgents walk away from where the explosives are. (and the next day a U.S. soldier dies because of it)
One would think we learned valuable tactical lessons during the Vietnam War. For the generals to bow to this sort of political dictate is troubling. If we are not in Afghanistan to win (whatever that may mean) then our valiant troops are merely being led to slaughter. How can an American president put our young men and women in harms way with such a decidedly tactical disadvantage? It appears as if President Obama is more interested in what the intelligencia of the United Nations thinks of us than he is protecting American lives. Add this to the long list of emasculating policies Obama and his political cronies are subjecting the United States to. Outrageous is an understatement.
Read more about this outrageous implementation of political correctness below:
*** SPREAD THE WORD AND HELP EDUCATE ***
The mainstream media won't touch this so it's incumbent upon us to let people know about this misuse of American lives. Please click the link and print the PDF below, cut at the dotted horizontal lines and post copies of this everywhere you can think of!