Posted by MAXIMUS
Multiple sources who attended last night's Mass Meeting in the City of Hopewell, VA all report the same things:
1. Delegates were elected to attend the state GOP Convention;
2. These same Delegates were irate that Jeff Frederick used one of his companies as a Vendor
for RPV in an effort to personally enrich himself;
3. These Delegates found it highly unethical that Frederick used a committee of himself to
decide to award his own company a no-bid contract for RPV services;
4. These Delegates were happy with the Conservative choices they had in the candidates
running for the AG nomination;
5. These Delegates were livid to lean that Jeff Frederick received "mileage reimbursement"
from RPV for political purposes while the Virginia General Assembly was in session. The
Delegates were wondering why Jeff's "expenses" were being double paid---first through his
General Assembly per-diem allowance during session, and then through RPV. This was
widely viewed as double dipping by Frederick and the assembled folks were wondering why
Frederick holds himself out to be a conservative during harsh economic times when he is
gaming the system for personal financial gain.
6. There was a large amount of pity for RPV donors--the grassroots folks who give money to
RPV. It was stated that these folks should not be paying for Frederick's mileage
reimbursement when Jeff is receiving a per-diem living expense while the legislature is in
7. The campaigns of Bob McDonnell and Bill Bolling were well received and the grassroots
Delegates in attendance were happy to see both working as a team to be elected this
8. The only impediment that these Delegates talked about was the failed, ethically challenged
tenure of RPV Chairman Jeff Frederick. All Delegates support a change in leadership at RPV.
These folks know something about effective RPV leadership when they see it in action as
their Congressman J. Randy Forbes provided the road map for commonsense, conservative
leadership based on principals in the late 90's for our State Party. To say Frederick is off that
map is an understatement.
9. It is not a power play when grassroots republicans demand a competent, conservative leader
in the position of RPV Chairman just as they enjoy competent, conservative leadership in Bob
McDonnell for Governor and Bill Bolling for Lt. Governor. Sources indicate that this was the
message from last night's Mass Meeting in Hopewell, VA.
Friday, March 27, 2009
Posted by MAXIMUS