Read the Bills Act Coalition

Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Of the People and for the People?

If we all should share the wealth, when do I get the ring? From The Daily Mail:

Michelle Obama is to receive this £20,000 thank you from her husband for her support during the election....The Harmony ring is made of rhodium - the world's most expensive metal --and encrusted with diamonds. It is being hastily made by Italian designer Giovanni Bosco in time for January's inauguration ceremony....Only about 25 tons of rhodium are mined each year, mostly in South Africa, and as a result its price is typically around £5,000 an ounce.....Bosco is based at Valenza Po near Alessandria. The top designer counts a select list of VIPS's and celebrities as his clients....Rhodium typically sells for around £5000 an ounce
.


A Republican would get crucified over this, Obama, it's just bling (that's right I just typed the word bling!)

Read Here: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/article-1090653/Barack-Obama-buy-rare-20-000-rhodium-ring-wife-say-thanks-support.html

3 comments:

Kristen said...

It's "bling" because they're black!

Jody L. Wilcox said...

wow, that's a weird comment...I think for us "under 40 set" that's what you call overdone glitzy jewelry, Kristen 20,000 pounds for a ring seems extreeeeme to me for a candidate that wants to spread the wealth around.... but to each his own.

joshua said...

I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I don't know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.


Sharon

http://www.autoloans101.info