Read the Bills Act Coalition

Friday, May 2, 2008

Top down or bottom up

In a series I started this week and that will continue over the next couple of weeks to include such belief dilemmas as:
• Is an environmental wacko that eats meat less wacky than one that is a vegan or just a bigger hypocrite?
• Should state election losses for a particular state party be blamed solely on the state party leader or on changing national trends or on local issues?
• Does separation of church and state hurt the state or the church more?
• If conservatism is the best way to enact government, why is it so hard to convince people?
• ....and many more.
I am a big proponent that people should not just have an opinion but a thought out well informed opinion whether I agree with it or not.

So today, as promised, I pose the question, give an example and ask for your input. I know where I stand on these issues do you?

Is the State party always responsible for the loses of candidates in state/local races or is there more to elections (especially state and local) that are beyond their control?

Example: Jody runs for the Board of Supervisors in Chesterfield and is endorsed by the RPV, they help him raise money, appear with other supported local candidates and do the same with Jody as all other supported candidates and he looses. Whose fault is it? Is each election different than the previous election? Does the amount of money raised and spent always the best sign of support? Can you even have a cohesive state wide candidate support system or are states now to diverse depending on the location of the election? Can you believe I have such a big ego that I put myself in the example?

No comments: