Read the Bills Act Coalition

Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Thank God the abusive drivers fees are over

The failed expertiment of the abusive drivers fees ended as they were repealed today on the General Assembly.

Del. David B. Albo (R-Fairfax), who has been one of the strongest supporters of the fees in the House, voted for the repeal after he was not able to pass his own bill and an amendment, which would have kept the fees but also applied them to out-of-state drivers, among other changes..."I gave it my best shot," Albo said. "I promised my constituents that I would not support a bill that applied to only in-state drivers and let out-of-state drivers off the hook. I had to live up to my promise. . . . Without an ability to fix it, we're left with only one choice, to repeal it."

At least one delegate is listening to his constituents and voting they way he said he would

Read Here: http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/01/22/AR2008012201863.html

No comments: