Read the Bills Act Coalition

Thursday, January 24, 2008

Duncan Hunter endorses Huckabee

Gov. Mike Huckabee should receive a slight boost from the endorsement he has just gotten from Duncan Hunter and a few votes as well. While Huckabee works through some financial snags on his path to the nomination the loyal Duncan Hunter supporters could be the boost this campaign needs. Below is Hunter’s statement as reported by “the swamp” blog http://www.swamppolitics.com/news/politics/blog/

“I got to know Governor Huckabee well on the campaign trail. Of the remaining candidates I feel that he is strongly committed to strengthening national defense, constructing the border fence and meeting the challenge of China’s emergence as a military superpower that is taking large portions of America’s industrial base.

"Along with these issues of national security, border enforcement and protecting the U.S. industrial base, I see another quality of Mike Huckabee’s candidacy that compels my endorsement. Mike Huckabee is a man of outstanding character and integrity. I saw that character over the last year of campaigning and was greatly impressed. The other Republican candidates have many strengths and I wish them all well. My personal choice is Mike Huckabee."

4 comments:

Spank That Donkey said...

I tell you what, I haven't totally committed to Huckabee yet, but I trusted Rep. Hunter's Conservative Wisdom before and I am leaning heavily towards trusting it now.

Duncan Hunter as the chair of the House Armed Services committee deep sixed the Dubai Ports deal on principle... I feel Rush limbaugh hates him because of it...

sorry rush, but warren buffet, bill gates, or like General Electric, or General Dynamics or any other USA based company should not own our ports?

Hunter was hitting Romney hard on that company that can potentially give military secrets to China... romney refused to do anything... Are we seeing glimpses of Clinton 'the deal maker' now?

I am seriously leaning Huckabee...

Carl Kilo said...

Like I did not have enough troubles....Now this.

Jody L. Wilcox said...

I really wish I could get behind Huckabee but I just can’t (if it was down to Him or McCain, Huckabee would get my vote obviously.) I just think Romney’s business experience, knowing the international markets and his record turning various businesses enterprises and Massachusetts around is a better fit in today’s volatile global marketplace. We need to shore up the economy and then tackle all social issues from there...and beat Obama and Clinton in the general election!!

Spank That Donkey said...

Well, he certainly will help exports to china... maybe some nice anti-ship missile technology?

He told Duncan to stick his protests...