Read the Bills Act Coalition

Friday, December 21, 2007

Huckabee: The Anti-Conservative's Conservative

Michelle Malkin has a great post about Mike Huckabee’s worst mistake thus far, casting Rush Limbaugh as the bad guy for comments that the talk show host has made about Huckabee. Limbaugh has scrutinized all the GOP candidates pretty fairly thus far and has not picked a favorite (as far as I can tell)…so he seems to be better than the MSM. Here are some crazy quotes from Huckabee attack on EL Rushbo:


"Honestly, because Rush doesn’t think for himself. That’s not necessarily a slap
because he’s not paid to be a thinker—he’s an entertainer. I can’t remember the
last time that he has veered from the talking points from the DC/Manhattan
chattering class. If they were praising Huckabee, he would be too."
"Also, I have to think that he’s dying to have Hillary in the White House. Bill Clinton
made Rush a megastar. Having another Clinton back in power would make him the
Leading Voice of the Opposition once again."
How does one obliterate their own campaign just when they’re making headway: attack the most listened to talk show host in the free world two weeks before a close caucus. I think Mike really Huck it up on this one.

Here is Rush’s response as reported from the Campaign Spot on National Review Online :
“These people are coming after me personally, something I have not done.
They’re coming after me personally the way the libs do."

Rush, discussing how he differs from the NY-DC media axis, lists off Harriet Miers, Dubai Ports World, Republican spending abuses, illegal immigration…On the argument that he secretly wants Hillary to win, to make him a bigger star: “I became a megastar long before the Clintons got into the White House.”

“I really am uncomfortable with this, I was hoping it wasn’t going to come to
this.”
“I’ve never called him a Huckster, I’ve called his fans Hucksters.”


Rush points out Rollins ran the Christie Todd Whitman campaign, calling him the “DC-Manhattan Axis campaign manager.”

“I’m part of the Cape Girardeau-Middle America Axis.”
“Stop with this Clintonian spin.”
“McCain’s starting to look better to than this guy, and
that’s saying something.”
“The Huckabee campaign is trying to dumb down
conservatism in order to get it to conform with his record.”
The Anti- Conservative Conservative, that’s a new political strategy that’s bound to fail

No comments: